Friday, March 26, 2010

TGIF!!!!!



Good Friday morning to you all. My project for today is a pin cushion for a dear friend! I used a metal dog food can; one of the small ones...washed & dried and began. I took a piece of red card stock and covered the base of the can then added three layers of lace with the red sticky tape, then a little white ribbon around the top to cover where my lace attached. I used the Bow Easy to make my bow, let's face it, I just can not tie a bow on my own. I took a piece of left over fabric and used fiberfill to fill then used a rubber band to hold it all in place. My cushion part was big enough that I had to push it down into the can, therefore I didn't try and stick it to the inside of the can. If you are afraid yours might fall out, just add a little hot glue to the inside edges of the can. This little idea opens up many decorating options for me and I will be making more with more spring colors!

2 comments:

Beate said...

Your pin cushion looks GREAT.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Broni said...

Wow, this is a wonderful idea! I think I'll have to try this...but I'll have to use a cat food can!!