Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sweet Pea......



This card is going into my stash for that time when I just need to say Hello to someone. As you can tell, I just love flowers and I think I get that from my Mom...This was her favorite time of year, when everything came back to life again after the hard winter. She had so many spring flowers and we all waited for them to come up and bloom; then we would walk around the yard and she would tell us about each of them. Wonderful memories......

Supplies: SU card in purple
Gina K Designs White card stock
Cuttlebug embossing folder and die to match
Spellbinders Dies
Copic Markers: YG03,G24,VO1,V12,VO9,V15,V17 & Colorless Blender
SU Inks in Almost Amethyst, and Marigold Morning..
Cotton Balls for shading around images
Flourishes Sweet Pea Stamp
Hello stamp also from Flourishes
Ribbon Colored to match with Copic Marker

And before I go, someone asked me about the Dragonfly in Sunday's post; I used 3D Crystal Lacquer to make him shiny and add dimension. I just totally forgot to post that fact. Have a wonderful day and think of me, because, if the sun shines, I must get back to painting on our fence.

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty, love the embossing and your punched edge!

Susan (rainy) said...

So many beautiful details and textures. This is a gorgeous card!

Beate said...

Glenda, your card looks wonderful! I LOVE your coloring and the soft hues around the flower.
Hugs and smiles

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Just... wow!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Magpie thanks for cotton-ball tip for shading around the edges.. good one and adore the sweetpea.. it really is well named so sweet in every way in looks and fragrance,
love Shaz in oz.x