Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kraft, Aqua, and Teal.......

I did this card for the Just For Fun color Challenge #4. (I have added their link on my "Places I like to Visit" on the right hand side of this blog) The colors to use are Kraft, Aqua and Teal....I didn't really have Teal, so I have improvised .....One of my circles is a dark teal and my dragonfly is a teal color. I hope you enjoy this one. It is a card I would send to one of my Grandsons.



Supplies:
Gina K Designs card stock (Ocean Mist)
Kraft card stock
Dark Teal card stock
Nestibilities Circle Dies
Paper piercer for one of the circles
Uni-ball white pigment ink pen for the stitching
Dragonfly image from Two Peas in a Bucket-two different sizes (Layered)
I covered the Dragonfly with 3D Crystal Lacquer for dimension & shine
Dew drops
Sentiment from Theresa Momber & Gina K Designs (Purrr-fectly Delightful)
Cuttlebug folder used to emboss the circle directly under the dragonfly
Ranger Distress Ink - Forest Moss
A little blood, sweat and tears!

I still feel like this card isn't finished... you know how you just sometimes get that feeling? I was totally out of my comfort zone with this one and as usual I'm still struggling with photography. I keep trying to take pointers from others and one of these days I will get it!

6 comments:

Broni said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I can't believe it's out of your comfort zone! I LOVE the dragonfly! Thanks for playing along with us at Just For Fun!!

Beate said...

Glenda, your card is stunning. I LOVE that dragonfly! Hey...I just saw I am mirroring Broni's comment. Must be the truth what we are writing!
Hugs and smiles

Sherry Cheever said...

Glenda this is gorgeous and I don't know what is making that dragonfly shine but it's fabulous! You know my theory . . . step outside your box and you did! Thanks for playing along with JFF this week!

Starla said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the dragonfly!!

Isabella Joy said...

Glenda, Your work is exquisite!

Sylvia said...

Glenda,
This is a beautiful card!