Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Changing Weather.......

Well I spent yesterday, watching it rain and snow most of the day. No accumulation but after 70 degrees last week this week is off to a strange start! There is a saying here "If you don't like the weather in East Tennessee, just hang around 15 minutes and it will change". This time of the year it is soooooo true!

My card today is Lilacs. Now if you know me, you know how very much I love them! They are definitely a blast from my past!



I used an image from my computer and cut out the image with Spellbinders dies and sponged Ranger Distress ink onto image while still in the die. I added flower soft to the Lilac for texture. It doesn't really show in my picture. The edge of the set-up card stock was punched with a Martha Stewart Punch and layered over some lace. The right hand side of the card I used a stencil and my light box and added the lace design, which I then used Ranger Distress Ink (Dusty Concord) to highlight the design. A few pearls some purple silk ribbon and you are done! I apologize for the picture. My ribbon looks blue but it is truly purple. Sometimes I just can't seem to get it right with my camera.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, may it be a truly blessed day for you!

4 comments:

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Beautiful card. Love the sweet little pearls you added.

Annie said...

thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment. I have enjoyed browsing yours - such pretty cards. I love lilacs too, but they have such a short flowering season, perhaps that's why they are so special!
hugs, annie x

Beate said...

Lovely card!
Hugs and smiles

Sylvia said...

Glenda, I can tell that your Lilacs are raised. I am glad you did not have to cut them out! I love your card!