Tuesday, March 16, 2010

CARDS FOR MEN...

Good morning out there! Happy Tuesday...Today I'm sharing a card I made for my husband. I'm not very inspired when it comes to creating cards for men because I just naturally love all the frilly and fru fru that goes along with the girly side of me. Maybe I need to do more cards like this so that I can expand my horizons!



I started out using cardstock from Gina K Designs, I cannot for the life of me remember the color names. It is a cream colored card with dark brown and olive green layers and i used watercolor for the image. I stamped the watercolor paper with a background stamp and a floral stamp using Ranger distress inks. I colored my ribbon with a copic marker. It started out gold and became olive green in the end. I love matching ribbon with Copic Markers!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Heavy Weight
Watercolor Paper - Strathmore
Stamp purchased on ebay...No name just a sprig
Background Stamp from Stampabilities (Le London Script)
Ranger Distress inks (Tea Die, Aged Mahogany, and Peeled Paint)
Gold ribbon given by Ellen Hutson when I ordered from her.
Copic Marker (YG03)
Dew Drops from the Robins Nest cd15 Halloween (I used the green)

I know, I know, I must do better about keeping the names of things together so that I can tell you about them. I promise to do better!!

Well I'm off for my next cup of coffee. Have a Blessed Day!

1 comment:

Sherry Cheever said...

This is gorgeous, Glenda!