Friday, October 2, 2015

Pink Poinsettia Card.....

Good morning everyone and welcome to a soggy East Tennessee.  The temps are cool this morning and it has been raining for days.  I may be getting webbed feet!
This morning I'm sharing a Christmas card I have made and the Christmas card making begins.



First off, can I just say how difficult it is to photograph sparkle?  You have a gold background piece and then the snowflakes are glued to cardstock and then sprayed with adhesive and glittered.  Very pretty in real life but totally hard to photograph.  I also tied a piece of white tulle to go under the poinsettia and it isn't showing very well.  This is one of those cards that is just so much prettier in person!

Well it's Friday and we are skidding right into the weekend!  If you have plans, I hope you have great Fall weather!


11 comments:

Selma said...

Your card is beautiful Glenda. I know how hard they can be to photograph. Are you being hit with the same storm going up the coast?

Sylvia said...

Lovely Christmas card, Glenda, I sure that the glitter is there, love the gold in the background! Have a wonderful Friday, wet or not!

Lenoria said...

Glenda, this is a gorgeous card and I am sure even more so in real life! We are wading thru puddles here in Kodak too but I am thankful we aren't having as much water as they are in Maine and other coastal areas (saying a prayer that people in those areas stay safe). Our new Hobby Lobby opens here in Sevierville in a few hours - so I think I may go check it out!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful, Love the sparkling paper in the background and that gorgeous flower!!!

Barbara said...

Glenda, such a fine card, love it :)

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Glenda, this card is just gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, well, I'll give you my address so I can critique this up close if you want. Seriously, Glenda, the sparkle looks lovely on the card and I love the delicate coloring of the poinsettia. I do see the tulle and it is a beautiful addition. I think this looks gorgeous in the photo, but there is nothing like seeing all that sparkle and beauty in real life, is there?

Mary Ann said...

Gorgeous card!!!Love the white and gold!!!You have a Blessed weekend!!!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Glenda! I do see some sparkle and I bet it's fabulous IRL. Cold and windy and rainy this morning here so not a very nice weekend but it's cozy in the house. A perfect day to craft. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card!

Darlene said...

Yes, sparkle is very hard to photograph but I think you did a great job and this card creation is just GORGEOUS! Thanks for pointing out the use of the white tulle ... I didn't catch that with first glimpse but it is a beautiful addition ... what a great idea! I too love the soft color on the poinsettia! As always ... I am INSPIRED!! Thanks and have a great weekend.

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful and elegant!! Hugs!!