Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Over the Rainbow....

Hello everyone!  Welcome to a brand new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  This one is hosted by:  Sandi Lee.

In 1939 "The Wizard of Oz" premiered in Oconomowoc, WI.  Judy Garland became famous for the movie's song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  The movie premiered in Hollywood on August 15.  To celebrate...lets see a RAINBOW on your creation.


I Googled "Free Rainbow Papers" and this is what popped up!  So I printed it off and got to looking around and I found this butterfly in a box with some other left over pieces from another project; it matches perfectly.  I cut the base card to make a belly band and embossed it with a folder from Anna Griffin and slipped this pretty paper inside.  Since I don't own a huge lot of sentiment stamps I typed and printed mine on white cardstock and matted it with some of the rainbow paper...perfect!  On the inside of the card I just covered the exposed paper with another piece of cardstock to hide the belly band.

Now get busy and create something for this challenge and link it to The Sisterhood of Crafters.  I can't wait to see what you make.  Also while you are there have a look around at what the other designers have created for you.  I promise you will be inspired!

Entering in the following challenges:
Crafting From the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Sisteract Card Challenge

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

That is just so rich and gorgeous!!!!! I love it!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful card Magpie!! Clever plus!!! Shaz in oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Darlene said...

This is gorgeous Glenda! Awesome idea to google for rainbow paper and it's beautiful! Great job my friend ... have a nice day! I'm off to PA to spend the day with MOM! HUGS from Ohio!

Sylvia said...

Love your card, pretty rainbow paper, Glenda, very clever to google it! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Vickie Y said...

Wow! The paper is a beautiful base for your gorgeous card!

karenlotty said...

This lovely I never think to google free papers I must try that Beautiful rainbow effect

Terri's Cards N More said...

Gorgeous creation, Glenda. I saw a background similar to this one Pinterest. Love those bright rainbow colors.

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhhh, that's some amazing rainbow paper you found! LOVE the pretty butterfly which just happens to coordinate so perfectly. Great design with the belly band and embossing, too!