Monday, July 16, 2012

Rose Tag....




Good morning everyone!  Well Monday has rolled around again and I'm getting ready to begin my week.  I just wanted to share a tag I've been working on.  Those of you who follow me, know how much I love making flowers and roses are a favorite of mine.  I like tags because they can be tucked down inside a gift bag and given to someone special.  They take just as much work as a card, but I think they are just in a class of their own. 

For my tag, I used the Tim Holtz Alterations die and then ran it though my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder; then I used Ranger Distress Ink to go over some of the raised edges.   My roses were made by cutting out petals using the Spellbinders Rose Creations Die and the leaves were made using the Spellbinders Foliage die.  The roses were made using plain white card stock and I inked the petals with Ranger Distress Inks and shaped the petals then glued them together.  I used a gold leafing pen to add just a touch of gold to the petals of the flowers.  Just a tiny bit .... I didn't want to lose any of the elegance of the flower.  The petals were edged in Distress Inks and spritzed with water then crumpled to shape and give them some shape. 

I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed doing it.  Making flowers just seems to make me a happy girl.  Have a great day and a wonderful week and I hope you can find a little time to create.

20 comments:

Becky said...

Glenda, this is beautiful! The colors and details are fabulous....have a great week....I'll be canning tomatoes either today or tomorrow depending on how ripe they are, lol!!!

craftieodmae said...

SHUT the front door!!!!! This is out of this world gorgeous!!!! I love those roses and so wish I could make them like you do!!!! They always look so real!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

YOU are simply amazing! Your roses are to die for! Love this... totally gorgeous!

Carla S. said...

Stunning tag, Glenda! Your roses are absolutely gorgeous!

marsha said...

Gorgeous Glenda! I always love your fabulous flowers!
Hugs,
Marsha

Sherry Cheever said...

Gorgeous! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! You are putting me to shame with your flowers . . . come give me a lesson?

Sylvia said...

Your roses are perfection, Glenda, look better than the real ones! Your tag is beautiful with them just sitting there as if to say,"Look at me!" Have a wonderful afternoon.

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely stunning! Those roses are gorgeous and I like your teaming them up with an embossed background - perfect :) Elizabeth xx

kathi17 said...

So beautiful Glenda. I hope someday I will be able to make roses even half as gorgeous as yours!

Debbie said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! Love those roses!

Anonymous said...

STUNNING, just bloomin' stunning! As always your roses and leaves look SOOOOO real. --sigh-- Oh and the touch of gold mwah!

Mary Mac

Elly said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!! :-)

HUGS, ELLY

Leslie Miller said...

Unbelievable! Take my breath away! Those roses and leaves are incredible, and on the embossed tag -- words can't suffice. To think those flowers are handmade from paper. Amazing!!

Starla said...

Oh. My!! This is just incredibly STUNNING!! I have had the rose creation die on my wish list for a particular project I have in mind and this just sealed the deal! I NEED that die!!(of course, I will probably be terribly disappointed when my roses look nothing like this!!)

Gretchen Wilson said...

Just catching up from CHA, This is absolutely gorgeous. It did an an amazing job on the roses, they look so real.

Wendy said...

This is just so beautiful. If I could make my roses look like this, I'd be a millionaire!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Glenda,
You should sell your flowers, they are beautiful...another stunning creation!

Anette said...

Oh, lovely! Really beautiful.

Unknown said...

Your roses are amazing! Do you have a tutorial on how to create these beautiful flowers?

Mez Lydiard said...

I would also be very interested in a tutorial for these magnificent roses. I know that mine would never be as good but i would just love to see how to do them