Monday, July 24, 2017

Sunflowers on my Desk This Afternoon...

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all well.  The  Brooks household is humming right along today.  I just wanted to share a couple of photos with you so you can see I haven't just planted my behind in the rocking chair!


Of course these sunflowers are  brought to you by Heartfelt Creations and Glenda's fingers.  I used the Classic Sunflower stamp and die.  I always love working with these and the finished product always brings a smile to my face.  They bring back memories of a grade school play (a hundred years ago)  I was a sunflower among several other sunflowers.  My mother sewed crepe paper dresses for all the sunflower girls and we wore the sunflower head piece with a circle cut out for our faces.  Isn't it strange the memories that come flooding back from just making a few flowers. The song we sang was:  "We are sunny sunflowers, sunny sunny sunflowers picked from Amy's garden just today". Ahem, I promise that's all that you will have to endure of that!  When stamps and dies can bring on the memories, that is saying a lot about Linda Bontranger and her designing capabilities.  Thank you for the walk down memory lane this afternoon!

The next photo is a picture of Molly just because.  I thought it was cute and wanted you guys to see her as we go along.  She is really developing her personality and she and Bella are doing so well together.


At this stage she is about as broad as she is long!  And she is a chow hound but babies need to eat a lot cause it takes a lot of energy to keep her running.  Her little legs are so short whenever we are in the yard she starts to run and she always trips and rolls quite a few times.  She tries so hard to keep up with Bella.  Soon my little girl!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! What beautiful sunflowers Glenda! You are a flower making queen! I so envy your abilities! How wonderful that this process invoked such wonderful memories! Awwww how sweet is Molly ... lol, you story of her running made me smile! Have a great day and I can't wait to see what the end result is with these beautiful flowers!

Nan G said...

I'm swooning over your sunflowers, Glenda! They're beyond gorgeous! You are the flower queen my dear. And Molly is just so adorably cute. Thanks for the smiles today. Hugs

Leslie Miller said...

Molly? Oh, she's adorable!!! I know you said you were getting another puppy, but I didn't know you had her yet. Oh, do keep sharing pictures! She's so cute! Bella will love having her to play with. Those sunflowers are gorgeous and you made so many! You have real sticktoitiveness! I love the beads in the centers. They're perfect for sunflowers.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Your little MOLLY is Oh so Cute!!!! Keep us updated on both Molly's and Bella'a progress....
You sure have been BUSY with Christmass.... Oh, how I hate the thought of having to start that again.... but you have such a good start on it... and each one is beautiful...I know this post is for Sunflowers... and they are Beautiful... but was looking back and saw all the Christmass cards....