Wednesday, February 17, 2016

WOYWW #350

Good Wednesday morning and welcome to another WOYWW!  If you are curious about this just head over to Julia's blog and have a look around.  Each Wednesday Julia hosts this get together of like minded crafters and we link our blogs to her blog and then we can visit each other.  It is always wonderful to peep over your shoulder and see what is going on in your world.


As you can see I am making flowers, flowers and more flowers. I made several but decided I needed a few more for the current mini album I am making.  I'm using Heartfelt creations Raindrops on Roses designer paper and there are such lovely shades of mauve, green and purples in the paper.  I also have been working on some butterflies to match but I don't see any of them lying about in this photo.  The black case carries some of my shaping tools and there are some of those lying off to the right side of the photo. I spray a little bit of water on the back of the petals and use a stylus to shape by laying the petal on this mat and rubbing the stylus over the backside.  I love making my own flowers, leaves and butterflies to match the papers.  I think homemade embellishments are simply the best.

Well that's it for me this morning.  I'm off to visit as many of you as I can.
Hope your day is filled with joy and that you remember to 'Breathe'.

20 comments:

sandra de said...

Those shaped flowers look beautiful.... you can never have enough flowers and embellishments.
sandra de @25

Patricia said...

Mmmmmm!!! someone after my heart ..... love making flowers.
Do you need any help there??? Loving what I see, look forward to seeing them all made up.
Have a great day
Patricia xxx

Lisca said...

I agree. Homemade flowers are the best. I love making flowers and have several dies, but I don't make them often because I can't put them on a card as the envelope would be too thick, and neither on a scrapbook page for the same reason.
I love all the special tools you use. I'm afraid I just improvise and use anything that comes to hand.
Thanks for visiting,
Happy WOYWW and have a good week,
Lisca

Neet said...

Am so looking forward to seeing the end product that you are making all of those flowers for. I know the flowers will be special so I guess the project will be too.
Enjoy!
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

Sylvia said...

What a full and fun desk this morning, Glenda, lots of busy hands I see! Stay warm and have a wonderful Wednesday!

buterfliecrafter said...

wow, well impressed by your flower making. Vicky#7

Darlene said...

You are the queen of flower making in my book Glenda! I can't wait to see this finished project ... sounds like colors I would love to create with. Will have to check out that paper pack. Looks like you're on a roll ... don't let me interrupt ... just wanted to say Hello!!

craftieodmae said...

The Queen of flowers, can't wait to see where you put them...

Sharon said...

Beautiful flowers - lots of lovely flowers. I hope you show us what you do with all those flowers.

Have a great week
Sharon K #42

Leslie Miller said...

So lovely to see all this beauty in preparation for your next album! I see that big mug of coffee, too. Stay cozy and have fun!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Glenda, funny to see you making flowers, as I decided yesterday That I'm going to have a day this week just punching/die cutting flowers and putting them together to give me some easy quick grab embellishments! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #6 xxx

Helen said...

what a lovely bunch of flowers! you have quite a pile going on there. Thanks for dropping by. Helen #1

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Glenda,

Your flowers and leaves are beautiful. I really like how you've added some dimension to them, not only in their shape but also with the coloring.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay (57)

Lynn Holland said...

Wouldn't a flower party be nice. Hmm I think I could manage that, you've got me thinking with your pretty display
Lynn 15 x

SusanLotus said...

I think it will be a lovely mini-album
with all those flowers and leafs.

Happy creative week to you!
Sussie nr 50 WOYWW

Anne said...

Your flowers are just gorgeous. I love making them as well! Anne x #17

Anne said...

Your flowers are just gorgeous. I love making them as well! Anne x #17

Shoshi said...

Oh how absolutely gorgeous, Glenda! I adore making flowers. One day I hope to get my cutting machine up and running again so I can get back to flower making. I used to make loads, and I so agree with you that the hand-made ones are so much better. Thank you for your lovely comment, and I'm so glad you enjoyed the various things going on in Shoshi's life at the moment!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #61 (a real late-comer - did my post last night and then forgot to sign on at Julia's!)

Nikki said...

Beautiful Flowers and thanks for the tip of giving them a light spray and all your rubbing stylus are they from a kit ?
hugs Nikki 3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the way the flowers are strewn across your desk...aren't they pretty? I can see why you love making them, it's like being in a meadow :-)
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx