Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Birthday!

I'm here this morning in my never ending quest for the best and quickest birthday card!  When it comes to these cards, the flatter the better; all the better to mail! And of course, able to leap over small buildings in a single bound! Oh my, I got lost in the moment.  I'm all about quick and easy and it really doesn't matter if it can leap over a building.  All I really want is ease in mailing and something that brings a smile to someone's face!  After all, isn't that what 'Happy Birthday' is all about?


So there you have it.  I used a piece of G45 Good Ole Sport and covered the base card and then cut out and matted a golfer and a piece of newspaper print and then I stamped the sentiment onto the newspaper!  Very quick and easy.  I always leave the inside clean and simple so I can write a message for someone inside.  It is all about sending greetings one written word at a time.

Well this is it for me this morning.  Hope you have a good day on tap and that you remember to breathe.  I'm going to spend some time playing here in my craft room this morning!

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Glenda, your card is brilliant, love it.
Now there an idea I had never thought of ... stamping the sentiment on News Print.
I really must try to remember that one.
Patricia X

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Glenda,
What a nice, manly card! Perfect for the golfer in the family. I haven't gotten rid of any of my stamps yet, as planned. We'll see what ends up happening.

I went shopping this weekend - I need to show off some of my buys. I can't believe I bought MORE fabric.... It's like designed paper. It catches my eye and I fall in love!

Hugs,
Kay

craftieodmae said...

It's the perfect masculine card, not to mention gorgeous!

Darlene said...

Just fabulous Glenda! The plaid background is PERFECT for this 'gentleman' and I really love how you did the sentiment panel ... clever (I'll be 'borrowing' that idea! lol)
Hugs from soon to be very cold & snowy Ohio!

Leslie Miller said...

Outstanding masculine card, Glenda! Really love the plaid. Trying to build up my Bday card stash, too. Love the mail-ability factor here.

Marisa Job said...

Great masculine card!! Great colors and design!