Monday, July 20, 2015

Life on the Edge....

I know  you think that is an odd title for my post this morning but from where I'm sitting it is just perfect.  I have been a little sporadic about posting as summertime brings lots of hard work in the yard and garden and for the most part, you guys all know that about me.  This year's growing season started very dry and then turned off very wet and lately I've been wading mud and battling mosquitoes to get in the garden at all.  Morning glory weeds are taking over (literally) and the harvest has not been as good.  At my age, I feel only the squeaky wheel is getting the grease and I'm just skirting the edges as far as my work load is concerned.  So please continue to bear with me here on my blog and very soon things will be back to normal again.  That being said, here is my card for this morning.


Sometimes I think the cards that literally take no time at all are the very best ones you create!  This is a card piece out of the Blazing Poppy Paper collection from Heartfelt Creations that has been matted with a piece of black card stock.  I used a technique I learned from Anna Griffin (cutting a belly band) and then I embossed the card front with one of my Anna Griffin embossing folders.  Next I colored some seam binding with Memento Morocco ink and scrunched it to dry then tied a bow.  How easy is that?

That does it for me today.  Hope you have a good day planned and that you take a moment just for you and "Breathe"!

7 comments:

Patti P. said...

Glenda, this is gorgeous. I love orange and your bow is divine. I don't have that color ink, may have to check that out. I know what you mean, life seems to get in the way of our play time. I am just getting back into blogging a bit after taking months off. I was a total slacker. Enjoy your summer, that time goes by way too fast.

Patty Sue 2 said...

I agree sometimes when we just go with the flow they are the best. This is beautiful and the orange seems to be very appropriate for this time of year. Like you I am having trouble getting everything done. I am looking forward to fall as I am tired of the scorching hot days. We have various range fires around us, so we have smokey air to contend with. I will try and get you a note off today. Love this card dear friend.

karenlotty said...

Perfect card and I agree with you, sometimes it's the quickest ones that turn out the best Good luck with the gardening/yard

DottyA Cards & Things said...

I so agree,, this is a real Beauty!!! Love how you did the belly band, it looks like you cut into the white card stock that you embossed and slid the black base into it... dose the black show thru the inside of the card and did you do anything with that....not that you need to, maybe a small pice of that beautiful paper...
Love this idea...
Hope your garden dose ok.... it looked so BEAUTIFUL earlier when you shaired pics with us... don't let it kill you girl, the vegies may not mind sharing with some of the morning glorys....;)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda, love the colors! Trying to get something done this afternoon! Happy Monday!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Glenda, this is beautiful! The colors, ribbon, paper with the floral design -- all match up so perfectly. I can totally understand your efforts to keep up. I always say I can do the work if I have enough time to pace myself. It sounds like the weather has your garden confused.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Love the design,awesome colors!!!!