Monday, June 29, 2015

A New Size Format For Me.....

Good morning everyone and welcome to my corner of the world!  I spent the day yesterday resting with my feet up.  With yard and garden and every day chores, my life is quite frantic sometimes and the wind just went out of my sails. It was nice to spend the day chilling with my girls (Maggie and Bella).

I have been seeing a lot of 8 X 8 cards out there and love the idea of them and decided to try one to see how I felt about it.  Well I think I love them!


There is a lot of real estate here and I love the larger format.  It gives you lots of room to do all kinds of things.  I kept this one sort of simple but the possibilities are endless!  I used some pretty design paper and a Sue Wilson edge die called Perseus from the Gemini collection.  A few layers some seam binding and a few more flowers and this one is all set.  I will probably purchase some 11 X 17 white paper so I can make envelopes to accommodate these.  I could do a box if I would want to be sure my pretty scrunched bow stays in good condition.  Look at me, I'm almost scrapbooking!

I'm working on my video for my mini-album using the Raindrops on Roses paper collection from Heartfelt Creations.  That will be coming soon so stay tuned.
Also be sure and come back tomorrow as that is the day we do the Heartfelt Creations Alumni blog hop.  I have something pretty to share with you!

Well that does it for me this morning.  Hope you have a good day and that you get to do something you love!

12 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Just a lovely design Glenda. Love the pretty papers. A video...you go girl!! Have fun with it and enjoy a lovely week taking it easy. BREATHE ~

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Really pretty! Where do you find good 11x17 paper? Just curious....

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Beautiful card!!! Looking forward to your video and tomorrow's H C blog

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely design!

Caroline D. said...

Gorgeous! You'll be creating in a large art journal before you know it! winkwink

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Glenda, with so many pretty elements, love your die cut! Happy Monday!

Patricia said...

Hello Glenda,
Love your stunning card, great design.
Patricia x

Marisa Job said...

Such a pretty card!!! Love the border die!! Hugs!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the larger sizes too!!!! Can;t wait to see your video!

Darlene said...

As always, this card is just GORGEOUS! I love the idea of a larger format to play on but I shy away only because I know the postage would be higher and a lot of folks I create for don't want to pay it .. uugh! But I have gone to making 5x7 cards since the postage remains the same and it does give me a big more creativity space!
Can't wait to see what you've created for HFC ... you always make my jaw drop with your beautiful flower making. Hugs and happy you took a ME day yesterday!

karenlotty said...

I love 8x8 cards but only do them if ai am giving them to the recipient, usually for a work colleague that needs a lot of signatures! Love the card and how you've used that Gemini die

Leslie Miller said...

That's a big card full of gorgeousness! It's almost a scrapbook page. Would be super for a real special occasion. Love those big, beautiful dies!