Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WOYWW #259

Good morning everyone and welcome to What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday #259!  I have been so busy lately with so much yard work and getting my garden in and the weeks are just flying by!  This morning I'm sharing my desk with you as part of a little get together hosted by Julia at Stamping Ground.  Each week she hosts this little bit of madness and I have become quite addicted.  You just snap a photo of your workspace and blog about it and then you go to Julia's blog and link your blog there.  Then you can spend some time visiting old friends blogs. I love to visit and see what everyone has going on.  It's quite a wonderful way to spend some time on Wednesdays!


Front and center is my new Ranger Ink Pallete and I will be putting distress ink drops in it for coloring with my brush.  It has been awhile since I colored some images and I need to get back to my roots!  I have been waiting for this pallete for some time as everything I have used in the past has been sort of bulky and would wind up getting in my way rather than making my life easier.  I'm hoping this will help me!

Last Wednesday I had a Spellbinders Tool 'n One sitting on my desk and I have used it quite a bit since last week and I'm here to report that it is an amazing tool that I just can't live without!  It makes quick work of getting little bits and pieces out of intricate dies.  Each year the dies are getting more elaborate and it was quite time consuming to poke out little bits from all the holes in the dies.  This is going to be such a big help!  Thank you Spellbinders!

The rest of my desk is just some ribbon, some flower petals, ink sponges and ink and some tape; just the usual left overs from a card.  If you are interested in what I've been working on, pop back in on Friday and I will post my new card with Heartfelt Creations flowers gracing the front!

Now I'm off to visit the other desks and see what everyone has been doing lately!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

There's some really great crafting goodies on your desk. Are you going to dye some lace or seam binding? I guess I have to wait and see. #59

craftieodmae said...

thanks for the tool update, I want one!!!!!

Sylvia said...

What a lot of fun on your Desk Glenda,hope you have time to play!Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Nan G said...

And a whole big roll of lovely lace too! Would love to have a couple of TH's palettes; one for ink and one for alcohol inks. Where you get such pretty lace by the roll? Thanks for the earlier visit! Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #10

Carole said...

Nice palette gave me an idea...recycled lids glued to a base. Thanks for sharing Be well Carole #52

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh how intresting this all looks........
Like everyone I'm eyeing that roll of lace... Mmmmmmmm!!!
Thanks for the update on the Spellbinder tool, guess I'll add that to my wish list along with the Zutter distresser, been wanting one of those too...
Can't wait to see what your making!!!!

Patricia said...

Your desk looks really interesting, that's a great palette . I am sure it will be very practical.
Just LOVE the look of that roll of lace.........Mmmmm!! very nice.
Thank you for the heads up on the Spellbinder Tool. I have been hesitating on purchasing but off to order.
Hugs

Patricia xx

Chrysalis said...

I love the pretty lace! Have fun playing with your paints, and have a great week, Chris # 17

Stacy Sheldon said...

The pallet looks like a good size you'll have to post a how you like it after you play with it too :) ~Stacy #85

sandra de said...

Let us know what you think of the pallet. Love the lace and those die cuts in the background
Sandra @12

Hettie said...

You are the first "real" person I have heard having one of those spellbinders gadgets. Now I want one! Or should that be need one?
Liking the lace.
Hugs
xx 67

Neet said...

Nothing like a recommendation for a tool.
I can recommend that palette - I have one and love it, just reconstitute the ink when they dry.
Hugs and thanks for visiting me earlier.
Neet 18 xx

BJ said...

Oh just had to look up the spellbinders tool n one - looks cool.I adore the lace you have on your desk today. Hope you find some glitter paste or sparkle medium. Thanks for the visit. BJ#77

my cup of tea said...

Great stuff on your desk this week! Looks like you are going to have a very creative week! Thanks for your visit and your kind comments!
donna#73

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Magpie how gorgeous is that roll of lace there, soooo yum!! and love the posts before too thanks for popping over, Shaz in oz.x

Nikki said...

Great space you've got there and that looks pallet looks interesting look forward to hearing how you like it :)
hugs Nikki 3 late visiting

Ohhh Snap said...

Love your new palette, I moosh my distress inks on my non-stick workmat and adventure ensues. I should definitely check the palette out. Thanks for visiting me earlier in the week! #63