Friday, September 27, 2013

Christmas Tree Tag

Good morning everyone!  We are rushing face first into the weekend and let me just say it is going to be a beautiful one weather wise in our neck of the woods.  Highs in the upper 70's and lows in the 60's and the sunshine is just wonderful!

I'm here this morning to share with you a tag I made for Heartfelt Creations using the Season of Joy Collection!  I have had so much fun playing with these wonderful stamps, dies and papers and you know how much I love making tags!

Heartfelt Creations Products Used:
HCPC 3557 Christmas Poinsettia PreCut Set
HCD 739 Banner and Trees Die
HCDP1 Frosty Blanket Paper Collection
HCPC 3561 Christmas Sentiment Circles PreCut Set
HCD 713 Lace Border Die
#159723 Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive

Other Supplies:  white card stock, glitter, glue, clear acrylic spray, Memento Ink, Versamark Ink, white embossing powder, Ranger distress inks, tag, white ribbon

Instructions:
Cover a tag with a piece of the pretty paper that has been Mod Podged  and use the glue and glitter to go over part of the image in the paper.  Cut the lace border using a coordinating piece of the paper and glue it to the bottom of the tag.  Cut the tree and snowflake out of white cardstock and cover with glue; set aside to dry.  Stamp the sentiment circle onto a piece of white cardstock and I fussy cut it and glued it to the top of the tag.  Once the tree and snowflake are dry apply them to the tag.  Next I stamped and embossed the poinsettia and used distress inks on the back of the petals.  I glued these down on the tree and then I tied a piece of ribbon through the hole of the tag and it is finished.

OK that is it for me this morning!  I hope you have a wonderful day and that you take a moment and just "Breathe".




12 comments:

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Morning Glenda!
The weather is Beautiful here in Fl too...it's 71 this moring and OH so nice....
Love what you did with the tree die for this tag... so prety with the glitter on the background, love it!!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Love the glitter!!! The sun is going to shine all weekend here!!!!

Karan Gerber said...

What an aweasome Tag Glenda, love the colours and details, glitter sets if off nicely.

Oksana said...

Love this Glenda! We even have sunshine in the NW of the UK today!x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh how I love those Tree Dies. I'm a tag lover and the glitter just sets off the elegance of Christmas Have f great weekend, I had to close my windows this AM it is COOL out. But I love it.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous tag, Glenda! Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Beautiful Tag!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, is this gorgeous? I think so! I really love that beautiful swirly Christmas tree die. You make the BEST tags!

Nan G said...

Awesome tag! What a fab new Christmas tree die. Have a wonderful week. ps...the spiders have left the building. :) winging their way to ME. I do believe they'll be quite a surprise! Hugs

Sylvia said...

Beautiful tag, Glenda, I love what you did with that die, making a tree, just gorgeous. Been busy and not commenting over the weekend, sorry to be so late! Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Patricia said...

Good weather here in Bonnie Scotland at the moment as well.

Loving your beautiful Tag, great use of Dies and Stamps.
Have a Great Week

Patricia xxx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Glenda, this is just so elegant! I love the delicate glitter background, and that gorgeous tree! Another work of art!