Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Joan's Gardens Card Challenge #1


Good afternoon everyone!  I know it is rather late for me today, but better late than never.  I have had a couple of deadlines to meet and I really wanted to do this card so I could participate in Joan's Gardens' Challenge.

Here are the requirements for the challenge:

■Use two different Embossing Folders to create a background like in Selma's card. (Directions will be on Selma's blog)

■Use at least two different dies (preferably not layered dies - if you have them)
■Use a sentiment
■Use glitter and/or pearls


Once your card is finished you need to post it on your blog and then link it at Joan's Gardens blog.  When you get to her blog, there is a button at the top of the page; just click on the challenge button and then you can link your entry at the bottom of the page.

I think I have all the bases covered on this one and am so happy that Joan and Selma have decided to continue with their weekly challenges!  I always enjoy being a part of these.

Well this is short and sweet, I still have a couple of things that just have to happen today.  So I'm off to see if I can make it so!

8 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

lovely embossing Glenda and a gorgeous
colour !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxx

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous

Selma said...

Love the embossing folders you used to create your double embossed background. You know I love the color. This card is beautiful and I want to thank you for joining us again for the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Betty Benton said...

Beautifully done, Glenda! Colors are gorgeous.

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and the sentiment is prefect. I'm thinking you've inspired a lot of crafters today!
As for being late, I think I'm going on 3 weeks since my last post, so you're still doing better than I am! I'm barely keeping my head above water with all the tomatoes coming in from the garden now, and tonight we're getting our first frost, so we'll have to bring in a lot of other stuff tomorrow. I love this time of year and I hate it at the same time!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love this card...so elegant looking! You have found a great way to beat the heat!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty Glenda!

Sylvia said...

Ok, I totally missed this yesterday! Love all the intricate work and the embossing, Glenda! Beautiful card.