Thursday, June 30, 2011

Next Birthday Card.....

I had to do another manly birthday card and I always have such a hard time with these.  I was rummaging through a notebook of stamps and came across these Tim Holtz stamps and decided to use these.  I have no idea what the name of this set is, but I decided to use it anyway.  I used distress Inks to color watercolor paper and then stamped the truck with embossing ink and used black embossing powder to heat emboss.  I love the way it turned out.  Then I stamped the other parts with Memento black ink.  I roughed up the edges and used distress inks on the edges.  The piece is then mounted onto a piece of red cardstock and then put onto the card.  The inside was stamped with a birthday wish and it's a done deal!

I will have repair men in the house today, so this has to be a short post.  I'm sure I will need a nap this afternoon once everything is finished.  I plan to find myself a quiet corner and "Breathe".  You do the same!

9 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Good morning Glenda, a fabulous card for a guy !
I love the background and the image is perfect !!!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

A Great Manly card and so different with the background and all... Love how you come up with something out of the blue like that!

craftieodmae said...

the perfect manly card!!!!! Remeber, breath today LOL

scrapbookertink said...

Love how you used the Tim Holtz products.

Sylvia said...

I love your Tim Holtz, Glenda! so calming. I can go run through the sprinkler now, Amy T. let me know the problem is Internet Explorer so I am on my Firefox now which is on my g-mail. I hate computers!!!! Now I have to copy and paste every address on every comment to be able to comment. I will try my other computer and or ask my son tonight how to fix!!!!

Angelica Turner said...

What a perfect and masculine card, got to love the Tim Holtz stamps!!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

The struggle with man cards certainly bore a beautiful card there magpie and really love the colours you have used different from the usual take but certainly works love it TFS,
Shaz in oz.x

Patty Sue 2 said...

Love your masculine card...they are hard for me also...can't use flower, ribbons or lace...boring!
I will have to case this one for my 'guy' birthdays!

Susanne said...

Great card - I find cards for men to be so difficult.