Monday, June 20, 2011

A New Card To Share.....


Good morning my friends!  I hope you are ready to start a new week.  Father's Day has been celebrated in our household over the weekend and life is good. 

I always have a difficult time doing sympathy cards and therefore I never have any on hand so I thought I would take this opportunity and do one to put back in my stash for when it is needed.  The card is made with watercolor paper as it is sturdy and I love the way it embosses and takes ink if you want to do that.  My card today is sort of clean and simple.  I used a Cuttlebug Folder, "Gracie's Frame" and then cut out an oval in the center of the frame.  I stamped my sentiment through the oval.  The sentiment I used is from a set of stamps from Heartfelt Creations.....HCPC 3377 Sympathy Sentiment PreCut Set.   I made a flower using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die and some scraps of designer paper;  and the leaves are a Spellbinders Die (Foliage).  I sprayed different and various shimmer sprays to get the look I wanted to achieve, and manipulated the paper to have curls in it and hopefully make it look life like. 

I think the card has a classy feel to it and will work well when needed.  The flower is quite dimensional and may pose a problem for mailing but I envision a mailing envelope with padding to protect it.

Well that is about it for me today.  I have lots of Suzi Homemaker chores to do but will be back soon with another card I made featuring another flower.  I'm going to try and pre-set this to post on it's own...if I can get that down pat, then I can post on Wednesday while I'm gone with my daughter.  If you are reading this...it worked.

Have a wonderful day and remember to "Breathe"!

8 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It did work Glenda! Hurrah! Love the lower you made to go on the card. I make cars without regard to getting them posted - I figure if I want someone to have it badly enough, I'll figure it out at the time!!

craftieodmae said...

Oh my stars, Glenda that flower is breath taking!!!! Gorgeous card!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOWZERS! Absolutely stunning!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Like you say it's Classy and elegant at the same time... Love the clean lines and your BEAUTIFUL flower!! Just Lovely!

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

OOOOOOh Glenda,what a sensational
card ! It screams 'CLASSY'.....
A very elegant card !!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxx

Selma said...

Oh my! This took my breath away. It is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors. I wouldn't be able to give this one away. Gosh, you are so good at creating fabulous flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sylvia said...

This is one gorgeous card and that flower is fabulous, Glenda. Sorry I am so late, I am so behind in commenting everywhere. Husband home and keeping me busy! We are due for cooler weather tomorrow,99. I will take it, it was 106 yesterday! I can't fry an egg on the sidewalk, but much hotter and I could save some money cooking outisde! LOL! Hugs.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

OHHHHHHHH so pretty. Love the flower, You have creating them down pat. MIA again. Today;s my Mom and Dad's 66th Anniversary, so have fun things to do. Best Wishes to your daughter.