Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Just Love Rosebuds.....


Good morning everyone!  I hope you have wonderful plans for the weekend.  I plan to play in my craft room; maybe make some flowers or a butterfly or two.  Some days I just like to experiment with different products to see how they react with different papers or card stock and if they work the way I think they should.

This morning I want to share another card I did for Heartfelt Creations.  I used the HCPC 3400 Rosebud PreCut set and HCD 713 Lace border Die; you can find these items  here:  Heartfelt Creations  I just love this die.  It has so many possibilities and it is just gorgeous used on a card..there is so much detail.  Heartfelt Creations has partnered with Spellbinders and you all know how I feel about Spellbinders...so I couldn't go wrong with this one!






I stamped my image onto watercolor paper and colored with Distress Inks and then cut out using the Nested Hearts dies. Cut a piece of blue card stock 6” X 6” and attach to the base card. I then cut out two of the Wedding Collection Dies and glued them to the card being careful to match holes in the die cuts and overlapping a little. Next I used Scor-Tape to attach the heart to the card. I used a Copic Marker to color my white ribbon to match the blue card stock and attached the bow to the heart using Scor-tape. On the inside of the card I used a small piece of the blue cardstock along the edge of the card and then cut out a medallion from the Parisian Accents. Cut the medallion in half and set aside. I then stamped the sentiment onto a piece of watercolor paper and cut out using a circle die. This circle is then taped to the medallion pieces making the medallion look like it was big enough to work with my circle. I glued a piece of the blue ribbon to the back of the medallion and used tape to attach the whole thing to the inside of the card.

Well this is about it for me today.  I'm off to get a second cup of coffee and see what the rest of my buddies are doin this morning.  Have a great weekend and remember, no matter where you are or what you are doing....take a little time and "Breathe"...






15 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Glenda, such a beautiful, romantic image! You do such a wonderful job, the blue is stunning and love the image !!
love and hugs
chris richards

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh that is just Lovely.... The rose buds are beautiful and the lace border is just over the top... I got to have that for sure...
Just a beautiful card!

craftieodmae said...

absolutley breath taking!!!!!

Linda W. said...

Oh so much detail and beauty in this card, Glenda! You rock lady!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow Magpie this is one awesome card ... I too love roses (have about three dozen bushes!) but this is really pretty stamp too..with forget me nots.( mm I am not not a bit green about it ) and the heart embossing there that is soo cool and also the wide cutting lace work at the back .. just love the colours you used there ten out of ten girl well done! love Shaz in oz.x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful wedding card, Glenda! That spellbinders die is fabulous! Have a fun Sunday!

Susanne said...

So pretty, I could just look at your cards all day.

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful stamp and a lovely lacy background! Love the embossed heart shape, too. You made a gorgeous card, Glenda!

Starla said...

What a fabulous showcase of the lace die!
This turned out just lovely!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Oh, this is just beautiful! I love the lace I can't believe it is a die. You image is so sweet and I love how you colored it!Lovely! You are not showing up on my blogger....grrr...blogger and I are not at a happy point with each other!

Joan Fricker said...

Glenda, this is absolutely stunning! Wow!!

Broni said...

This is just fabulous, Glenda! I love that wide lace border!! I'll have to check that out!!

Lisa Lynne said...

Glenda, this is a beautiful card and "something blue"! I love it.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, love the use of the die!

Selma said...

The lace, heart, and beautiful rose buds all go together so well. This is gorgeous. We always love to see your new flowers and butterflies. I just taught a friend how to create your beautiful paper and one of your flowers.