Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthday Card for Grandson....

We have some birthdays coming up in our family.  My husband's Grandson (feels like mine) is having a birthday in July.  I wanted to get a head start because there are two others coming up too.  The boy is ALL boy and loves sports and hunting and likes nothing frilly on a card!!  This was difficult for me, as I wanted to add a ribbon and bow and some buttons; but I held back.  This will suite him to a Tee!  Every time he opens one of my cards...he will look at it and then ask..."You did this?".  He loves to get them...especially if there is money or a gift card in it!  He will be 12 in July  and I thought this image would be perfect for him!  I used the step card design and kept the inside plain white so we could write a message to him on his birthday!

As you can see, I did add a little swirly tag from Spellbinders...I couldn't help myself!  Also I colored the image with Distress Inks.  I just need a little practice again!

Well, I have floors to mop and dirty laundry waiting so I need to get a wiggle on!  Have a great day and remember to take a moment just for you and "Breathe"!

7 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Glenda,Such a cool card for a boy!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

craftieodmae said...

awesome card, he will love it!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm sure your grandson will love it... I know I do!

Sylvia said...

You are too much, Glenda. You're his grandma, he will love what ever card you give him. No one has probably ever made cards for his birthday before you. This one is no exception, it is beautiful. As for chores, I have to get out and mow the back yard and I am already late. Where does time go and this week I am so tired. Hugs for today!

Shirley said...

I love this little guy! and that fold too! I have been meaning to do one of those. I think your tag is just beautiful! Those dies are hard to find lately! A really beautiful card.

Leslie Miller said...

He'll love it just because you made it. Grandmas are so special. I like it for a boy that age, and it appeals to me, as well!

Selma said...

This is such a cute card for a 12 year old boy. I'm sure he will love it and probably always looks forward to your beautiful cards.