Monday, March 21, 2011

Joan's Gardens Card Challenge #10

Good morning everyone!  Spring has officially arrived in East Tennessee and Joan's Gardens is celebrating her Weekly Challenge #10 this week!  You can follow the link and see what all this excitement is about.  Joan has a wonderful shop and the quality of her inventory is great! 

The requirements for the challenge this week are:

Use the colors Pink and Green
Create a thank you card.
Use some kind of stripes
Use something scalloped

Since I now have Spring Fever big time, this was a pleasure for me to create.  I'm taking a little creative license here in that mine is not a thank you card.  Please forgive me, Joan....I just need to celebrate!  The dogwoods are almost ready to bloom in our yard and I can't wait for them to pop on out in all their splendor!  So in honor of the Dogwood Tree here is  my card:
 
My dogwood blossoms are made from flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I just added my own spin on them to make them look like Dogwoods.  I sprayed them with Pink Pear Ex mist and then used Ranger Distress ink in Rusty Hinge and a water pen to add the little bit of color to the edges and the center.  I took cream colored stamen and used a Copic Marker to tint them green to make the centers.  The leaves and rose buds are also Wild Orchid Crafts.....just sprayed them with Pearl Ex mist to give them that little pop.  I cut out my little butterfly from a file on my computer and dolled her up to with little pearls and Pearl Ex mist.  A little bit of lace and everything was placed on a colored doily.  This is my scallop and of course the stripe is in the background paper.  My banner is homemade, I just cut it out of card stock and stamped the word Celebrate on it and shaded with Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.  So with this card, I'm celebrating Spring!
 
Now get outside and enjoy the wonderful temps....I'm going to...I have a flowerbed that needs some attention!  Have a great Monday and remember to take time to Breathe!
 

14 comments:

Selma said...

Oh my gosh! What a gorgeous card. I love your dogwoods!!! What am I saying -- I love everything about this beauty. I love the way you use reinkers and PearlEx. I have had a dogwood tree for four years and it still hasn't had any flowers. Maybe it will this year. We still don't have anything green in our yard.

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Glenda... this is a winner in my book! So very beautiful!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely beautiful!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! Love all the details in this card, especially the dogwood! Happy Spring! Lovely Monday to you as well!

April said...

beautiful card! I love all the elements.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

The dogwood's are so real looking. and the pearl ex on them is beautiful... like the whole card I must say. It's soooo spring'ie!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Glenda - this is drop dead gorgeous - the dogwood look so real. I just hope my dogwood blooms like this this year. , but if not I just come back to your card and look at it. Beautiful work.

Starla said...

Gorgeous as usual! Spring is trying to snow here...very wet, so it is not sticking. NO enjoying the nice temps here!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Magpie just adore the soft pink tones of this card and the layout too TFS
love Shaz in Oz.x

Janine said...

Gorgeous Glenda!!!

Linda W. said...

Congrats on winning the Tag Competition at Joan's Gardens! Woo hoo - love your art dear!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Oh your dogwoods are beautiful. Looks like you just stepped outside and picked them for your card. This is just lovely!

Nancy said...

Beautiful spring card, Glenda! I love dogwoods, though have never seen one IRL. Your blossoms look great! Spring seems to have bypassed us and we've gone right into summer. We're having a run of mid 80's days.

jojoscraps said...

No gardening for me yet. There's still snow in the flower bed, although the pansies are popping their little heads out.This is a really lovely card, Glenda. I really like the way you've altered the flowers. They're gorgeous.
Jo xx