Saturday, February 26, 2011

Little Sitting Lady.....

Good morning everyone.  I hope you are getting along well.  I've been dealing with a little stomach bug for the last couple of days and just have not been productive at all.  Today the sun is shining outside my window and the temps are supposed to be in the upper 60's....what's not to love about this!

This morning I want to share with you a  card I made with one of the images I have been playing with practicing my coloring.  She is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Ranger Distress Inks.  This card is pretty clean and simple...not too much fussy.  I just really wanted to let my image be the focal point on this card.  The little butterfly is from some digitals I purchased years ago and it was printed onto parchment paper and I sponged the backside with more distress inks.  A little piece of paper from my stash and a little piece of lace and she is ready to go. I just now noticed that I have the designer paper layer off just a tad...my lighting was pretty bad this morning and I just totally missed it.  So Sorry....but this blog is about  my journey, good or bad, straight or crooked, ups and downs.   So have a wonderful weekend and I hope you take just a little time just for you. 

12 comments:

Beate said...

It's not right to tease us about your wonderful weather! LOL Still looking at gray skies with snow on the ground.
Your coloring looks beautiful! Love the soft colors you chose and the darling paper and lace.
Wonderful card. Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Selma said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Glenda. I can't believe how warm your weather is. It is below 0 here. This is such a cute image and your coloring is perfect. Your parchment butterfly is beautiful too. Always love to see your work. Hope you feel like going outside to enjoy that beautiful weather this weekend.

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous card--as always. I never notice imperfections. That's the funny thing about crafting, it's like a glaring error to us, but no one else even sees it. They're too wowed by the end result!
I do hope you're feeling better. Stomach bugs are my worst enemy. I'd rather have a root canal!
Oh, and I'm just in the process of getting a post done where I link back to you, so watch out for that. Enjoy those beautiful temperatures (boo hoo!) and get well soon!

Elly said...

Oh Glenda what a lovely card, with that sweet (beautifully coloured) image.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gosh dang GF this is just precious! She is one cute little doll! I'm with Selma... she live about 70 miles from me and we have the same weather )0;

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Really pretty card, your coloring is so pretty. We have 0 here and fluffy snowfall. My MOJO got up and left me the past few days, absolutely doing nothing.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

She is so CUTE, love the way you colored her and the lace across the bottem is just perfect. Our weather has been in the high 70's and even hit the 80's a few days.. but the night are still in the 60's so not heat or A/C yet... LOVE IT!
Hope your up to par soon! By the looks of your card you would never know you were feeling droppy..

Starla said...

Well, we are getting a mixutre of snow and rain. Ha! Guess that is my just reward for pointing out to family/friends how much nicer the weather (usually) is in So Cal!
Your little gal is darling!
Feel better soon! (off to more cleaning...grrrr)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

She is very beautifully coloured Magpie and if you had not mentioned the bit about DP being not quite right we would not have either as she is very much the focal point and doer the colours you have used - thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

craftieodmae said...

How gorgeous! She's adorable!!!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a charming card, I love it and the coloring is fantastic! Hope your feel much better soon. BRRRR we are cold here!

Sylvia said...

Your card is so sweet, Glenda! I love this little girl and the pretty lace you used! Hope you are feeling better soon.