Friday, October 8, 2010

Sitting Tilda.....

Good morning everyone; can you believe it is already Friday and we are headed to another beautiful weekend!  I have a new card to share with you today...
 Can I just say I love Magnolia Stamps and this little Sitting Tilda just captured my heart!  I stamped her onto Watercolor Paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored her with Ranger Distress Ink, then I cut her out and used dimensionals to mount her onto the beaded oval.  I shaded around her with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, as well as the edges of the oval.  I made the flowers using Spellbinders Dahlia dies (the two smallest dies) . I used Distress Ink to color the flowers and snipped between the petals, then I  hand embossed the petals and sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Pearl) and while the petals were still damp I used tweezers and twisted the edges to curl the petals.  The swirls are Tim Holtz Alterations, Elegant Flourishes and the side panel is a Flourishes Stamp using the Weathered Wood Distress Ink that matches my flowers. Tilda is sitting on a Beaded Oval Die Cut from Spellbinders also.  In the top right hand corner I took a 4" doily and shaded Weathered Wood Distress ink and then folded and added stamen for more texture and to match the stamen used around  my flowers. 

I'm entering this in Joan's Gardens Challenge #18 which calls for:

Vertical Strip
Die cut Flower
Some kind of alterations to card stock
A swirl...either pearls, paper or stamped

I think I covered all the bases on this one.   This little number is labor intensive, but I love how it turned out.  I think all the little extras just add to the card.  I hope you enjoy!

Now go enjoy your weekend.....Do all the things you love...and remember to Breathe!

Supplies:
Magnolia Stamps
Spellbinders Dies
Flourishes Stamps
Tim Holtz Alterations Dies
Ranger Distress Inks
Memento Ink
4" Doily from my Stash
Stamen from my Stash
Dimensionals
Scor-Tape

12 comments:

Beate said...

Glenda, your card looks incredible! Your coloring is gorgeous, all your layers amazing. Stunning card.
Hugs and smiles

Joan Fricker said...

Glenda, wow what a gorgeous card. I just love all the details you used. Spraying the flowers with Glimmer mist is a great idea. Fantastic!

Thanks so much for playing Joan's Gardens #18 weekly Challenge. I just love it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty and super elegant!

ChristineCreations said...

She looks so elegant sitting on the edge of the Nestie like that...sweet!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your card is fantastic! I love the layout and your coloring is great!

Dawn B. said...

Glenda this is so precious.. I too love these little Tilda Stamps.. your extras really add to the beauty of your card..

Starla said...

THUD....Glenda, you are creating beauty like no other!

Alina said...

beautiful card, Glenda! I'm glad to inspire you, but I must tell you I only use pencils to colour my images, never Distress Ink!
hugs, Alina

Teresa said...

You have a wonderful blog and your cards are stunning! Great Maggie card..great job with the coloring...
hugs,T

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is truly beautiful. The distress ink makes it subdued..I like it...fun to do the unusual. You have great layers and color on this.

Sylvia said...

You are really back! Love your card and all the blue, Glenda from the doily to the cool new flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Sweet as can be!!! Fabulous coloring, and love the subtle sponging behind the image. My, oh, my!