Saturday, June 26, 2010

Watering Can with Flowers

Good morning!  Hope you are getting ready for fun weekend!  I will be making zucchini relish!  It is a favorite of ours....Our garden is beginning to produce and the zucchini is the first.  Cucumbers are coming right along too.  Lots of blooms and little cukes!  I love to can, something I learned from my Mother....Of course our neighbors will also receive fresh produce too.

A couple of weeks ago, I had several cards I had made and was running out of room to store and wondering what I was going to do with them.  A new blogger friend Beate Johns  said "Send them out!"  Well I thought about it a little and thought to myself....I'll give them to my sister...She is a Nurse Practitioner in Knoxville, Tn. and visits several nursing homes.  What an idea....So I called her and asked if she would like to have them to give to her patients.  She said she had 3 little ladies who came to mind, and she is taking them to these little ladies.  They can give the cards to family and friends who come to visit, and bring little things that they need.  I'm so proud to think these patients will be able to enjoy my cards!  Beate, thanks for setting the wheels in motion!

Oh, I'm about to get off course..I made a new card for today.  I used an image from Just Rite Stampers as my focal point.  I'm sorry, when I first began purchasing stamps, I wasn't very good at logging everything and marking for future reference.  I'm doing better now, but on this one....I'm lost.  I stamped on watercolor paper and colored using a water brush and Ranger Distress Inks.  I used Spellbinders Dies to mount the image. 
Supply List:
Just Rite Stampers Stamps
Spellbinders Dies
Gina K Design Card Stock in White,Sweet Mango, and Turquoise Sea
Score Tape
Ranger Distress Inks

Now go on and enjoy your day!  We are still hot and dry here...mid 90's again!

2 comments:

Beate said...

Another gorgeous card, Glenda! Love your main image and how you layered it on the gorgeous pendant.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Sis:
The ladies LOVE the cards! Thanks for giving to a population of patients often forgotten!!
Donna