Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hummer!



Now anyone who knows me, knows how very much I love the Humming Birds!  They totally amaze me; how such a small creature can exist....and such beauty!  When my grandson was very small I so wanted him to see one...He could hear the clicking but when he would turn his head it would be gone from the feeder.  Then one came right up to his face and just hovered there turning this way and that just for him to see every angle.  Spencer held his breath and marveled in it's beauty.  I prayed it would not touch him and it did not.  After a few moments it went back to the feeder.  You could hear Spencer begin to breathe again and he was so amazed at it!  To this day, he also loves the hummers.  When I saw these stamps from Flourishes, I just had to have them and I am not disappointed! 

I made a boo boo on one of my flowers and so I covered it with the saying.  One thing about orange or red toned copics....if you smudge, I cannot for the life of me get rid of the smudge.  I use the colorless blender, however, it just never seems to go away!  Once I had my image colored, I cut out with Spellbinders Circle  and  Oval dies, and used a cotton ball to add Memento Ink (London Fog) to add some color.  The background paper is from the Basic Gray Capella collection and I just love it.  I cut  out the little hummer and used a Zots dimensional to give it a little height. 

Supplies:
Gina K Designs Card Stock
Spellbinders Dies (Circles, Oval, Scalloped Oval)
Basic Gray Paper
Flourishes Stamps (Humming Along and Life Lines)
Copic Markers
Score Tape
Zots 3-D
Some bling from my stash
Memento Ink (London Fog)

Now run along and enjoy your day...It looks like we had a little rain during the night!  Wonderful thing!  Today is supposed to be a transition day with 90 degrees again, then tomorrow a promise of 80 degree temps.  Such a relief...cannot wait!

3 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Oh this is just GORGEOUS! Your flowers and hummingbird are beautifully colored!

Beate said...

Glenda, this is stunning! Gorgeous coloring, beautiful card!
Hugs and smiles

diane zechman said...

What a beautiful card!