Monday, January 4, 2010

WORK!!!!!!!!!

It is Monday 1-4-2010 and I have to go back to work after a much needed vacation, rest period...I am not a happy camper to say the least. It is 15 degrees with a wind chill of I can't imagine what and I need to put on everything I own because I must take inventory this AM. Yes outside and walking....I'm not sure a 60 year old woman should have to do this. I think that is above and beyond the call of duty. I'm gonna DIE!!! Well one bright spot...they will probably make me take 1/2 day off this afternoon. So I will just be farther behind than usual. (a week and a day)
Oh well I pride myself on not letting it get to me. I just do one thing at a time and just keep plugging along.

I have been working on some things, but i haven't taken time to take pictures yet. Just lazy this last 8 or 9 days. Hey, isn't that what Vacations are for? We did go
to a local No Kill Shelter yesterday and looked for a dog to be with our female lab dog. She seems so lonesome since Max passed. I wanted a female, but the lady only showed us males so I'm leaving it up to my dear husband to make the decision. There were three there that he is interested in and I would love to bring them all home, however, we cannot feed that many. I was so impressed with the shelter....All dogs were very healthy looking and most were very friendly...Lots of noise, but I was dumbfounded to find out they never kill the animals. I saw one dog that is 13 and has been there many of those 13. She will live out her last days there. Such a comfort. A very good thing to support this type of shelter.

Well I must jump and run, it is almost time to hit the shower and I do need another cup of coffee before I can face this day. Think of me as I go take inventory in this bitter cold weather.

No comments: